Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
KBK SWAP MEET, DEMO & BBQ - June 14th details!
We're very excited for next weekend - start begging the weather to cooperate...now!
KBK Swap Meet, Gear Demos and BBQ!! - Sunday June 14, 2009!
SWAP MEET: 8:30am to 11am @ 90 Carruthers Ave. (between Regent and College)
Details: Garage sale style - kites, boards, accessories...whether you're looking to pick up or clear your closet of gear, both can be accomplished here!
* Please bring swap items over by 8:00am. All items subject to 15% commission.
* 2009 Ocean Rodeo demo gear will be for sale for up to 40% off MSRP!
* New 2009 Ocean Rodeo Rise Kites - 20-25% off MSRP for the month of June - click here! http://kiteboardingkingston.vstore.ca/index.php/manufacturers_id/1
* Everything else in the store - 10% off regular KBK prices Sunday Only! - see what we got in store! http://kiteboardingkingston.vstore.ca
For more info, firstname.lastname@example.org
GEAR DEMOS: 12pm to 4pm @ the PUC Dock, Breakwater Park (King St. and Beverley). Rain or shine.
Details: Lots of toys for you to try! We'll have the full line of 2009 Ocean Rodeo Rise Demo kites, Best Kahoonas, Ocean Rodeo Diablos and a variety of boards. Must be PASA level 2 or equivalent rider to demo kites under "you break it, you buy it" conditions.
BBQ: 4:30pm to 6:00pm @ 90 Carruthers Ave.
Details: A great time to chill, have a beverage and burger (veggie and meat) with folks in our kiting community. Great times last year - bring your own lawn chair!
Other upcoming events and news:
1. KINGSTON WATERFRONT
If you haven't read this thread of our forum yet, you should. CLICK HERE! There are municipal plans to alter the waterfront at Breakwater Park, the only decently safe place to launch from downtown! Please chime in as we are making a spring project of contacting the Ontario Kiteboarding Association, Kingston Boardsailing Association, the K7 Watefront folk to ensure that the voices of Kingston's Kiteboarders are heard by the municipality. Any suggestions, personal contacts, etc. are all welcomed - either email us directly at email@example.com or add your thoughts to the existing forum. Thanks!
2. KBK @ TRAILHEAD: KITEBOARDING INFO SESSION
When: Thursday June 18, 2009 from 5:00 to 6:00pm at Trailhead Kingston, Princess St.
What: 1 hour long presentation by KBK about the ins and outs of kiting, gear explained, and all the glorious and fun reasons why we do this crazy sport!
3. KBK LESSONS: Our current lesson availability is weekdays after 3:30pm, and weekends (some variations). All lessons are weather dependent and are run by request (which means, if you would like a lesson, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pencil in a time).
Cheers and look forward to seeing you on Sunday June 14th!
Brian, Ken & Brent of KBK
Last edited by Kiteboarding Kingston, 6/8/2009, 8:48 pm
6/8/2009, 8:42 pm
Link to this post
Send Email to Kiteboarding Kingston
Send PM to Kiteboarding Kingston